California Guided Speck and Snow Goose Hunting Rates
We offer package rates for a set number of hunters.
Goose Package Rate
(2 Hunters per package)
Group Package Rate
(4 Hunters per package)
Important Rate Guidelines
The guided hunting services we offer are a valuable limited resource - the days in the field can be magical, and once a hunt day passes, it's gone forever. When you book your guided hunt, it is at the exclusion of other hunters - in other words, it bars other hunters the opportunity to experience what may be an outstanding memory. Since the guided hunts we offer are a limited resource and we understand that life happens and your schedule may change, we strive to provide a balance addressing these issues.
As such, we have firm guidelines regarding payment, hunt rescheduling, cancellations, and refunds.
- Full payment of package is required to reserve your day. If there are specific days you prefer, we encourage you to book early. Check out our Hunt Calendar for availability. First-come, first-served.
- Please call 530-570-3448
- Hunting is Hunting: One day can be great and the next day not. Do not call and ask for a free day later or next season. We hunt from legal shooting time to 11:00AM. We cannot and do not guarantee birds.
Cancellations / Refunds
- You have 30 days from the hunting date you've scheduled to cancel your hunt and request payment be applied to a future hunt, or request a full refund. Refunds will be issued within 21 days.
- Cancellations after November 30, payment is non-refundable, and is forfeited. Again, unusual circumstances do occur, so please contact us to discuss your situation.
Tipping Your Guides
- Tips are not included in hunting rates. Tipping your guide is not based on number of birds taken but on the long hours of work they do, long before you arrive, while your hunting and each day when you're done they are still working adding or moving decoys and scouting.
- 15% to 20% is normal with leaving - larger tips
When Whifflemaster Calls You
- If we call you and tell you not to come, we are doing this for a reason.
- If you decide to NOT heed our warnings you are RESPONSIBLE and will not get a refund. Do not call and ask for a free day later or next season.
Other General Guidelines
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund your payment, or reschedule your hunt in case of emergency.
- Rates and polices subject to change at any time, with or without notice.
- Guarantees, Warranties and Mother Nature: While we provide every possible opportunity to shoot we are hunting migratory birds that can and do travel hundreds of miles in a single evening. We cannot guarantee birds, while we do everything we can to give you the opportunity to shoot birds, we are hunting wild migratory birds that can travel many miles at night or across state borders in a night. We do not guarantee birds
- We usually meet at 5:30 am and normally hunt from the start of legal hunting until 11:00 am.
- Afternoon hunts are at our discretion and it's about afternoon bird activity. But if we do, we meet at 3:00 pm and hunt until the end of legal hunting time.
Important Hunting Policies
Book a Hunt
- Safety is stressed at all times, and no unsafe practices will be tolerated.
- There will be no drinking of alcoholic beverages (or use of other substances) before or during the hunt.
- Fun, laughs, and enjoying yourself is highly encouraged - in fact, it's required!